2009-03-05

SIMON FISHER TURNER - DEREK JARMAN'S BLUE OST (ENGLISH & FRENCH VERSION)

Mute/Elektra Nonesuch - 1993
I think that everyone in this blog knows Derek Jarman and his friendship with TG's members and his connexions with the Industrial scene. If you don't, he was one of the most controversial, radical, handsome british film-makers. And you can read a bio here.
Blue is his last film, released just four months before his death by AIDS-related complications. It's his last testament as a film-maker, and consists of a single shot of saturated blue colour filling the screen (inspired by French painter Yves Klein), as background to a soundtrack composed by Simon Fisher Turner (featuring original music by Coil, Momus, Durutti Column...) where Jarman's and some of his favourite actors (Nigel Terry, John Quentin and Tilda Swinton) describes his life and vision.
This is the original english version : BLUE (divshare) that I found in this blog : Magicistragic
And here, the french version with the voice of André Dussolier as main narrator : BLEU
The text in english can be read here
Please, if you download, leave a comment !

9 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

You're of the best !!!! many thanks for french attention & rarities!Lettrism and poetry are welcomed!

Powerful Blog!!!

Anonyme a dit…

Thank you so much for this - it´s great that you are engaged in such works of art.
The Blog is real good!

Anonyme a dit…

i remember watching/listening to this when it was originally broadcast simultaneously on Channel 4 and Radio 3, i was a spotty teenager unaware of my place in the world but in love with the work of Derek Jarman. Cheers for the post.

ste

armeur H a dit…

Thank you dears anonymous people !
I'll see what I could share in poetry or spoken word.

Anonyme a dit…

Thsnks from the Netherlands.
The music itself paints a picture. Although my English is better than my French, I downloaded the french version. A bit more mysterious. I really like this very much!

killingtheteratoma a dit…

I used to have Blue and now I can sing along once again to I am a not gay!

Anonyme a dit…

thank you for your taste and curiosity.
from new york....

armeur H a dit…

You're welcome !

Igor a dit…

Can you repost french version in lossless